Satellite Manager Antwerp
We believe in making and shaping a competitive digital Europe that is inclusive, fair and sustainable and aim at global impact through European innovation fueled by entrepreneurial talent and digital technology. We embody the future of innovation by mobilizing a pan-European multi-stakeholder openinnovation ecosystem of top European corporations, SMEs, startups, universities and research institutes, where students, researchers, engineers, business developers and investors address the technology, talent, skills, business and capital needs of digital entrepreneurship. We build the next generation of digital ventures, digital products and services, and breed digital entrepreneurial talent, helping business and entrepreneurs to be at the frontier of digital innovation by providing them with technology, talent, and growth support. For more information, visit www.eitdigital.eu.
The Satellite Manager Antwerp drives the development of the partnership and the execution of the EIT Digital education and innovation activities in the Antwerp region (and in extension, Belgium). Contribution to the EIT Digital delivery, impact and sustainability includes activity delivery and impact, financing of activities, return on EIT Digital financial support, as well as income generation from activities local sources of income. Doing so, the Satellite Manager Antwerp dovetails EIT Digital’s focus on major European societal and industrial challenges with the region’s qualities in Industry 4.0, Smart Cities, Smart Ports and Logistics, and Smart Mobility. The Satellite Manager reports to the EIT Digital Node Director Benelux.
• Manage the Satellite as an active, impactful, and recognised partnership delivering digital talent and innovations.
• Act as the relationship manager to the founding partners of the Antwerp Satellite (the Beacon, City of Antwerp, Harbour of Antwerp, IMEC, Lantis and University of Antwerp) and other partners in Belgium, ensuring the engagement of all Belgian partners;
• As far as attributed to the Satellite, guarantee in unison with the Node Director Benelux:
o Delivery, operational excellence, impact and financial revenues from the EIT Digital education and innovation activities attributed to the Satellite;
o Acquisition of partners, students, learners, and investors to join the EIT Digital ecosystem and activities;
o Delivery on the Satellite’s financial, delivery, and impact KPIs;
o Contribution to EIT Digital sustainability targets through acquisition of national and regional financial support for the EIT Digital operations in the Antwerp region (and in extension, Belgium) amongst others via liaison with regional and national innovation programs
Place of employment
EIT Digital Satellite Office in Antwerp. Applicant needs to be prepared to travel to Eindhoven and the other European Co-Location Centres
Qualifications and Experience
• Academic background (MSc or PhD level) in STEM, preferably digital technology;
• Experience in a management role for innovation activities (venture creation, start-up and scaleup) and the required start-up ecosystem;
• Deep knowledge of the Belgian digital innovation ecosystem, including relevant private and public sector stakeholders;
• A natural networker with an addressable network right from the get-go within the Belgian industrial and academic sectors;
• Experience with recruitment of universities into educational programmes and innovation platforms;
• Strong presentation and public appearance skills in English (verbal, written) and ability to convey simple and effective value propositions and messages;
• Aptitude in problem-solving, hands-on with an entrepreneurial mind set.
Mastery of English, with superior verbal, presentation and written communication skills. Knowledge of Dutch and French is very beneficial.
Aanbod en voordelen
Please mail a resume and motivation letter to email@example.com outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position. Applications without a motivation letter will not be considered.
Additional information can be obtained via www.eitdigital.eu/ourcommunity/careers/.
EIT Digital is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. To build a strong digital Europe that works for everyone it is vital that we have diverse range of skills, knowledge, and experience in the sector. Therefore, we welcome applications from anyone who meets the above criteria and encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, and other underrepresented groups.
Applications should be submitted before 5pm CET of December 10, 2021.