Regulatory Affairs Expert - Functional Ingredients
As Regulatory Affairs Manager- Functional Ingredients you will contribute to the development and implementation of Puratos Group regulatory activities across business units, manufacturing sites and regions around the globe. The position is integrated in a fast growing and continuously improving multi-cultural environment. The position reports to the Group Senior Regulatory Affairs Director.
- Examine current regulations and assess and prioritize emerging trends in food to determine the current and potential medium-term impacts.
- Provide guidance on the global regulatory landscape for Functional Ingredients, including plant based solutions
- Work at a strategic level to translate legislation and scientific developments into company product related requirements
- Provide regulatory in-sights on business environment on possible nutritional and health claims
- Coordination of cross-functional regulatory projects
- Advise and provide answers to questions raised internally, by customers and Government regulatory agencies
- Develop and execute regulatory strategies that will ensure freedom of operation, speed to market and valuable propositions based on product claims
- Represent and advocate for Puratos’ interest in relevant working groups in European trade associations
- Represent Puratos at conferences globally
- Develop a network via associations and at official level
Who are we looking for?
- You hold a master in food science (or equivalent bachelor with several years experience)
- You have several years of experience from a food relevant industry, trade association or authority
- You have Regulatory experience on novel food, nutrition and health claims and on plant based ingredients regulatory setting.
- Efficient project management. Results driven.
- You have strong communication skills and experience in working in an international setting.
- You are fluent in written and spoken English. Any other languages is a plus.
Aanbod en voordelen
Why would you join Puratos?
You will join a fast-growing, stable family business that has become an international market leader with a corporate culture in which innovation and entrepreneurship are part of our main priorities. You will benefit from a great deal of freedom in your work, with plenty of room for initiative. You will actively participate in the development of innovative products. You will have the opportunity to contribute to our common vision and mission: using new technologies to improve the quality of food. A great work environment with lots of challenges is what you can expect:
- Responsibilities, the possibility to take ownership of your work and to take initiatives
- Training and career opportunities, in Belgium or abroad, to build your career within our company
Watch our new corporate movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNRsBzuRlNI
Are you looking for the right recipe for your career?
The secrets behind Puratos’ global success and consistent growth are taste and quality. We would like to welcome you within our enthusiastic, committed and passionate team of more than 9000 employees. We are an international player and, what is more, a Belgian family business. Our people make the difference every single day. How? By developing, producing and distributing a unique and high-quality range of ingredients for bakers, pastry-chefs and chocolatiers, since 1919.
A century later, our products and services are available in more than 100 countries around the world. Our passion for innovation, closeness to our customers, and their customers, as well as our core values form the basis of our passion to improve.
This is what makes working at Puratos so magical!
Shall we meet soon?