Project Engineer (product development)
Within the product development department of our customer we are looking for a ‘Project Engineer’ to work in a team of Engineers that is responsible for developing and maintaining very specific metal products, coolerbundles and the mechanical design of permanent magnet motors.
You will be working in a dynamic team of project engineers, project leaders, designers and technical experts, who are working together on the development new machines. The main goal is to improve the energy consumption of our products. Your mission is to work with your teammates to bring the various projects to a successful result.
You will follow the entire design process from prototype to series production. You work out the complete mechanical design of the products, together with the designer, the project leader, the colleagues from the other departments (production, process engineering, purchase, aftermarket), and internal and external suppliers. All this is done in an international environment.
Your function consists of:
- Researching the project feasibility in all its aspects.
- Defining the correct technical concept in line with the specifications and requirements described in the master specification.
- Selection and calculation of main components and materials.
- Coordinating and following up on design-related tasks with the designer and our department in India.
- Consulting with suppliers for selection of components and technical applications, and following up on the innovations within their domain.
- Optimizing the cost and design of parts in consultation with the suppliers (co-design).
- Making the necessary functional specifications for the various components.
- Following up on prototype construction and processing of the feedback.
- Supporting the process engineers and service specialist. This means that during the design phase you already take into account and consult with those responsible for assembly, test and service.
- Preparation of test programs together with the projectleader and testengineer, follow up the testing of prototypes, interpretation of test results, and processing of feedback.
- The independent development and follow-up of the assigned sub-projects which are part of the product development projects.
- Checking technical specifications and preparing DN's for release of final design.
- Participating in project team meetings.
- Product follow-up after starting series production.
- a Master of Engineering or are equivalent by experience.
- a technical background, preferably in engineering.
- knowledge about mechanical components, design standards and construction methods (seals, drive trains, fastening technics,...).
- knowledge about both conventional as state of the art manufacturing methods (machining, casting, additive manufacturing,...).
- broad material knowledge (metals, plastics,...).
You are result-oriented. You commit yourself to goals and you stick to them during implementation.
You analyse and use common sense. You find out the root causes of problems using facts, figures and logical reasoning. You come up with multiple solutions and determine the best by evaluating the pros and cons.
You make efficient use of your time and resources to achieve your goals.
You set priorities based on importance and urgency.
You communicate openly, constructively and proactively. You are a real team player and handle changes easily to arrive at the best possible solutions.
Aanbod en voordelen
- Nova Engineering has a people-oriented culture and is part of a larger group. You can contact our experienced team for all your questions.
- We offer an indefinite contract and an attractive salary package with company car, fuel card and various fringe benefits.
- A challenging job with lots of variety, creative freedom and responsibility.
- The opportunity to develop yourself professionally, both in depth and in width.
Heb je bijkomende vragen of wens je te solliciteren?
Neem gerust contact op met Benoit Santermans
M. 0477 466 117