Machine vision engineer
Kapernikov is looking for enthusiastic machine vision engineers to solve its clients’ operational challenges.
Getting scientific breakthroughs work with real world data.
We are Kapernikov
Kapernikov is a small no-nonsense ICT consultancy team which aims to help clients get the most out of their data by managing them better. Since our establishment in 2011 we have steadily grown to a versatile team of about 35 enthusiastic people.
Our customers are mainly companies in the industries of utilities, manufacturing and machine building. We run operational intelligence projects aimed at giving them insights in their industrial processes, so they can make operational decisions with confidence, and machine vision projects aimed at helping them improve the performance of their machines and operators.
We approach each challenge starting from our customer’s goals and select the most appropriate technology for each project. When an off-the-shelf solution cannot be found, we develop customized solutions. We love to work in teams of both Kapernikov and customer colleagues, so we can benefit from the cross-pollination of our different backgrounds and experiences.
Kapernikov is managed using the principles of Sociocracy 3.0, where everyone has a say. Work-life balance is not a mere buzzword but our way of life.
We’re looking for machine vision engineers
Machine vision is a fascinating field where optics, sensors and deep learning come together. Most projects Kapernikov tackles are not solvable by off-the-shelf machine vision products. We typically start new projects with a literature review to see which recent breakthroughs could help us solve our client’s challenge. Combining recent research with our own extensive experience in machine learning for industrial applications allows us to build a proof of concept to demonstrate to our clients how a machine vision solution can solve their operational challenges.
That is why we are looking for new machine vision and machine learning engineers who can do more than just training a model with a new dataset. With a thorough understanding of both classical machine learning and deep learning, loving to follow the state-of-the-art. Balancing between quickly trying multiple approaches to see what actually works with real world data and focusing on an approach to make the most of it. Loving to see real-world problems being solved by a model you developed and trained.
You bring us software engineering experience
· A BSc or MSc in machine vision or artificial intelligence or a similar background through experience.
· A thorough understanding of both classical machine learning and deep learning.
· Experience in machine vision projects.
· Hands-on experience with C++ and/or Python.
· A problem solving mindset.
· Fluent communication in English. Knowledge of Dutch and/or French is a plus.
Aanbod en voordelen
We offer you an interesting job in a modern company
· Challenging problems that require your innovative thinking.
· Cool projects where the software you write actually controls part of the world.
· A friendly team to spar with and learn from.
· Training to keep you up to date in your area of expertise and also to learn something about interesting stuff a bit further away.
· A working environment where all of your talents are appreciated.
· A lot of freedom to organize your work the way that suits you best.
· The chance to get paid to do what you love to do.
We love to hear from you!
Like what we do? And think we’re looking for you? Drop us a line and your CV at jobs[at]kapernikov.com and we’ll invite you for a talk, either in real life or online, depending on where you are.
We typically have two or three interviews. You’ll talk to various people within Kapernikov to cover your questions on all aspects of the job too.