Belgium-based Inbiose develops biotechnological processes using the proprietary
Glycoactives platform to produce specialty carbohydrates such as human milk
oligosaccharides (HMOs). We are committed to make these complex sugars available to a
large set of industries such as infant formula, dietary supplements, functional food &
beverages, pet food, …. to meet the global demand for healthy and sustainable food and
feed ingredients. With two HMOs sold through our partnership with a global ingredient
manufacturer, four other HMOs in regulatory development and many new products in
pipeline, Inbiose is poised for high growth in the coming years. The company has been
established in 2013 as spin-off from UGent University and has grown into a 50 FTE
At our core we are entrepreneurial, value integrity and ownership mentality and are
committed to high ethical and safety standards.
More information about Inbiose can be found on www.inbiose.com.
- You will work closely with the multidisciplinary scientific team and Inbiose’s IP team on all
aspects of Inbiose’s IP portfolio.
- You will liaise and cooperate with external IP agents.
- You will be responsible for part of the steadily growing IP portfolio.
- You will support business planning and licensing initiatives.
- Qualified European Patent Attorney or similar through experience, with a background in
Life sciences or food technology.
- Experienced in patent drafting, patent prosecution, FTO analysis (including sequence
searches) and preferably opposition/litigation.
- Experience in the interplay of patent rights and regulatory is a plus.
- Experience with trademark and design protection is a plus.
- Experience with Nagoya protocol is a plus.
- You can work independently and flexibly but are a team player.
- You are proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook; experience in Patentin and EPO online filing
is a plus.
- You are fluent in English, multilingual is a plus.
Aanbod en voordelen
We offer an interesting job with a lot of variety and responsibilities in a dynamic young team of collaborators in a field with a lot of future. You will be working at the Technologiepark-Zwijnaarde 82, 9052 Zwijnaarde, easily accessible by bike, car and public transportation.