Decarbonization Base Automation Expert – Central Digital Office (M,F,X) (Gent)
Do you have a passion for automation technology ? Would you like to be part of a new decarbonization project? Then this is the job you are looking for!
Flat products in Europe produces slabs, hot-rolled coil, cold-rolled coil, coated steel products, tinplate and heavy plate. These products are sold to steel-consuming industries such as heavy machinery, automotive, pipes and tubes, construction, packaging and appliances.
The ArcelorMittal Flat Europe Decarb project is the central project aiming to set the standard for green steel across our different production sites by deploying similar installations in our primary steelmaking facilities.
What does the job entail?
You‘ll be part of the Decarb project within the central digital office CDO at Flat Europe level. The target is to create and support the new Decarb installations and to establish a full standard across Flat Europe over all levels of automation, from sensor to digital Twin platforms.
- You play the central automation role between the suppliers ‘OEM / EPCM’ and the local automation teams at the different local production sites.
- You’ll be responsible for supporting and enhancing this standard automation solution across Flat Europe , setting standards and supporting the local teams at integration and commissioning . By this you’ll be pushing the suppliers to optimize the deliverables.
- You’ll be responsible for supporting with the digital and process experts the ‘smart sensor’ scope across the different Decarb plants and this for AM Flat Europe. For this in a team you set standards which lead to higher reliability and support operational excellence.
- You engage through the digital experts in FE CDO with the respective suppliers ‘OEM / EPCM’ , the internal experts within AM such as global R&D and automation experts, and other companies providing focused smart solutions.
- You are also able to analyze production and maintenance issues and translate those towards requirements via suppliers into the right smart automation solutions needed to tackle the issues.
- You actively engage with different automation experts across Flat Europe to create one face to the suppliers.
- You continuously keep yourself informed of new digital , industrial I4.0 solutions, and automation technologies and share, discuss and explain to peers to enhance to new ideas.
- You have a Master’s degree and a strong interest and affinity with industrial processes.
- You have a passion for automation technology (such as PLC, DCS Systems , smart sensors & measurements and robotics ).
- You are very result driven and have dedicated energy and determination to move projects forward.
- You can convince people, because of your fluent communication skills, are able to deal with cultural differences and provide solutions which do answer these problems.
- you can work in an environment of uncertainty and incomplete information and take well-founded decisions.
Mobility is required for limited travels related to project based supporting the different locations within AM Flat Europe.
Aanbod en voordelen
Working at ArcelorMittal means having opportunities for a great career and the possibility to build an international career. We give talent every opportunity to flourish with a tailor-made training program. You will join a team of dynamic people working day in and day out on improvements in all areas and with pioneering technologies.
You can count on an attractive salary package. In addition to a very competitive basic salary supplemented by a number of premiums, we offer meal vouchers, interesting group and hospitalization insurance and other extra-legal benefits. Moreover, you can opt for a company car or bike and you get 40 days of leave per year!
- Online application
- Introductory interview with HR and your future colleague
- Final selection interview with head of HR and the department
- Contract proposal