Buyer Mill Operation & Recycling Services (M,F,X) (Gent)
As a global player and buyer of goods and services, European Procurement Organization (EPO) leverages technical excellence to develop best TCO solutions to secure the ArcelorMittal’s supply chain. Managing 28.5 $bn spend worldwide we are providing efficient and reliable services to internal customers.
Industrial Services & Spare Parts covers 10% of this spend being present at 7 sites (plants) in 5 countries (Spain, Germany, France, Poland and Belgium).
What does the job entail?
As Buyer Mill Operation & Recycling Services, you tasks are the following:
- You actively participate in the strategic procurement activities for Mill Operations and Recycling;
- You analyze spend across all hubs and drive cost reduction;
- You work closely with internal customers in all sites through the local technical coordinators to ensure effective strategic procurement and business continuity;
- You work closely with Lead Buyer in conducting research on supply markets, price benchmarks, and supplier profiles;
- You may be requested to travel upon needs on the projects you are working on
Your key responsibilities as buyer are:
- You execute supplier selection, negotiation, and contracting;
- You develop and maintain supplier relationship;
- You monitor contract compliance;
- You receive information from local technical coordinator and create a consolidated view for all the hubs in order to deliver savings and subcategory KPI targets and assist Lead Buyer with necessary analyses:
- Spend data analysis and basic financial analyses
- Performance reporting
- Price benchmarks
- Supplier profile
- You are treating all purchasing aspect (contract management, RFQs, stakeholder management, etc. )
- You may participate in ad-hoc transversal working groups and projects
- You are responsible of RFQ process and negotiation for all spot orders above 20.000 Euros
- You monitor and assess RFQ process done by BCOE team for POs between 5.000 to 20.000 Euros and realizes final commercial negotiation
- You validate POs below 5.000 Euros, negotiated by BCOE team
- You hold a Master’s degree in Economics, Procurement, Engineering or Supply Chain.
- You have a Successful track record in Procurement, Engineering or User area.
- Good understanding of financial processes
- As a genuine buyer, you have problem-solving and analytical skills and a good ease facing numbers.
- You have a good technical knowledge of contracts and targeted systems but also in project management and negotiation.
- You combine a strong personality/leadership and communication skills with an appetite for finding information on innovative industry trends and for market analysis.
- Result and Customer oriented, you are able to work under deadline pressure and to manage the change
- On top Dutch and English any additional European language is appreciated.
Aanbod en voordelen
Working at ArcelorMittal means having opportunities for a great career and the possibility to build an international career. We give talent every opportunity to flourish with a tailor-made training programme. You will join a team of dynamic people working day in and day out on improvements in all areas and with pioneering technologies.
You can count on an attractive salary package. In addition to a very competitive basic salary supplemented by a number of premiums, we offer meal vouchers, interesting group and hospitalisation insurance and other extra-legal benefits. Moreover, you can opt for a company car or bike and you get 40 days of leave per year!
- Online application
- Introductory interview with HR and your future colleague
- An assessment
- Final selection interview with head of HR and the department
- Contract proposal